Thursday, October 1, 2015

Oracle connect sys/password as sysdba

connect sys/my_secret_password as sysoper
Who am I?
SYS@ora10> show user
USER is "PUBLIC"
Same thing, but connecting as sysdba:
connect sys/my_secret_password as sysdba
Who am I?
SYS@ora10> show user
USER is "SYS"
Now, I, being Rene, want to connect as sysdba and then as sysoper. In order to do so, I need to have the sysdba and sysoper privileges:
grant sysdba, sysoper to rene;
Now, I can connect as sysdba:
connect rene/another_secret_password as sysdba
Who am I?
SYS@ora10> show user
Altough I have connected myself as Rene, giving my (not sys') password, I am sys:
USER is "SYS"
As sysoper:
connect rene/another_secret_password as sysoper
Who am I?
SYS@ora10> show user
USER is "PUBLIC"

Administrative connections

Apparently, an administrative connection is a session being connected as sys, sysdba (and sysoper?).

No comments:

Post a Comment